1. I am an introvert. I can handle about one social event a week, and after that I much prefer to spend my evening at home knitting, sipping tea, and listening to good preaching. I get together with a nice group of ladies to knit on Wednesday nights, so that pretty much takes care of my one social event per week. And yes, my reader friend, I am now knitting socks. You know who you are :-)
2. I am a reader, not a writer. Which explains the long periods of silence around here, doesn't it?
3. I love reading theology, yes even "dead theologians," as they say. When not reading theology I also enjoy Christian historical fiction, as long the the theology isn't too far off.
4. I love music. The boys and I spend much of the day singing or listening to hymns and it brings joy to our hearts. And even with these two little ones running around I do still try to get a few minutes on the piano everyday. I recently took over the role of music coordinator at church, and it has been such a blessing to me. I love the my fellow musicians at Gospel of Grace and thoroughly enjoy working with each of them.
5. James (nearly 21 months) gets up around 5 am every day. Being the good mom that I am I give him a sippy cup of rice milk and put him in his "jumpy barn" and then lay back down to doze a bit. I am not a morning person. He seems to enjoy sitting there quietly drinking his milk and watching the buses go by until Jojo wakes up.
He also still takes a short morning nap, usually in his Jumpy Barn (Jumperoo).
6. I ran track and cross-country in high school. And I was actually pretty good at it :-)
7. I almost exclusively wear skirts. I love long, flowing skirts, and twirly skirts, and comfy maxi skirts...you get the idea. I do own a pair of sweatpants, but no jeans or slacks. I wore the sweatpants while I scrubbed the grout in the bathroom the other day and Jojo said, "You goofuss, mommy. Your skirt is broken!"