1. I am an introvert. I can handle about one social event a week, and after that I much prefer to spend my evening at home knitting, sipping tea, and listening to good preaching. I get together with a nice group of ladies to knit on Wednesday nights, so that pretty much takes care of my one social event per week. And yes, my reader friend, I am now knitting socks. You know who you are :-)
2. I am a reader, not a writer. Which explains the long periods of silence around here, doesn't it?
3. I love reading theology, yes even "dead theologians," as they say. When not reading theology I also enjoy Christian historical fiction, as long the the theology isn't too far off.
4. I love music. The boys and I spend much of the day singing or listening to hymns and it brings joy to our hearts. And even with these two little ones running around I do still try to get a few minutes on the piano everyday. I recently took over the role of music coordinator at church, and it has been such a blessing to me. I love the my fellow musicians at Gospel of Grace and thoroughly enjoy working with each of them.
5. James (nearly 21 months) gets up around 5 am every day. Being the good mom that I am I give him a sippy cup of rice milk and put him in his "jumpy barn" and then lay back down to doze a bit. I am not a morning person. He seems to enjoy sitting there quietly drinking his milk and watching the buses go by until Jojo wakes up.
He also still takes a short morning nap, usually in his Jumpy Barn (Jumperoo).
6. I ran track and cross-country in high school. And I was actually pretty good at it :-)
7. I almost exclusively wear skirts. I love long, flowing skirts, and twirly skirts, and comfy maxi skirts...you get the idea. I do own a pair of sweatpants, but no jeans or slacks. I wore the sweatpants while I scrubbed the grout in the bathroom the other day and Jojo said, "You goofuss, mommy. Your skirt is broken!"
It looks like there are lot of us introverts and theology lovers. :)ReplyDelete
I'm impressed with your sock knitting. Fun colors!
Thank you! Knitting socks is fun, and yet a bit challenging.Delete
Ahh...your sweet life reminds me of so much of mine when I was your age. You are blessed.ReplyDelete
Yes, I am :-)Delete